E-books are one of the hottest products on the Internet. The instant gratification that e-books provide is perfect for the Internet culture. Everyone wants an answer right when they ask, and they are willing to buy digital books to get the answer they are looking for if that answer can be downloaded instantly.
The great news for work at home professionals is that anyone can create an e-book, and they can do it for free. That means you can create a product to sell at 100% profit. That cannot be said for any other product on the market today.
The following tips can help you create and promote an e-book with absolutely no out-of-pocket expense.
- Pick A Subject – This is the easiest step to creating an e-book. You want to pick a subject that you are passionate about and have knowledge to share. The subject matter really does not matter, because there are 7 billion people on the planet, there will be readers for your book. The main requirement is that you are knowledgeable and passionate about your subject. This will make writing the book easier, and will generate a positive response from your readers.
- Research – You need to be able to fill a book with current and useable knowledge. Make sure that you take time to research any current events or news on your subject matter, and be sure to include this information in your text. This will give your writing an authoritative tone. You can perform the research for free online or at the local library.
- Write and Edit – Using your word processing software that comes standard in most computers, you can write your e-book. Make sure that you turn the grammar check and spell checker on so that any mistakes are caught right when they occur. This will save you a lot of time when you are editing. When you complete the book, go back through and reread the book out loud. Reading it out loud will force you to read each word instead of skimming, and you will catch mistakes that the spell checker missed. If you misspell a word that is actually another real word, spell check will not catch this mistake. Reading it out loud will help you avoid having to pay an editor.
- Create A PDF – All word processing programs now come standard with a PDF converter. You can simply save your text as a PDSF and you are done. However, if your program will not allow you to create a PDF, you can find free PDF creation tools online. These tools can either be used in the cloud or downloaded directly to your computer.
- Design A Cover – E-books, like their paper counterparts, have covers. You must create a book cover to attach to your book and use for promotional purposes. If you do not already have computer graphic software installed in your computer, there are free e-book cover creator software programs available on the Internet. These programs offer a limited number of background designs that you can customize to your book.
- Publish and Promote – Once your book is complete, it is time to get it out in front of the public. You can begin by placing advertisements for the book on your social networking page and broadcasting its availability in the signature line of all emails you send out. You must also use free classified sites and public announcement sites. There are many sites which will allow you to make a press release about a new product or business for free. You will also need to take advantage of affiliate marketing sites that will promote your product for free. Some of these sites offer a paid upgrade service which you may wish to consider once you begin to make sales.
Of course, as your book starts generating revenue, you can begin to use paid promotional material to sell your book. One of the largest e-book affiliate marketing companies, Click Bank, will accept your product and promote it for free after a one time activation fee. Pay-per-click campaigns and other tools are also available.
E-books provide one thing that many other Internet opportunities do not, sustainability. Once you write the book and make it available to the public, it is there forever. You can build a lifetime of residual income from simply sharing something you are passionate about.
This is the easiest way to make money on the Internet – period. Once you begin, and see how easy it is to create and promote e-books, you will find that you will soon have many books available for the public to buy.