There are many great opportunities to make money online, and one of the best ways is as a writer. If you enjoy writing and are proficient in grammar and research, you can earn income from home doing any of the following:
- Become a freelance writer or copywriter. An easy way to start is to find an online broker who looks for writers to provide articles for their clients who want content for their websites or sales brochures. An understanding of marketing and business is helpful for these types of articles but are not always necessary.
This writing will give you practice in developing your style and research skills and can provide you with the confidence to search out other ways to sell your work. For example, you can approach local newspapers, magazines and online journals with your own article and story ideas and get paid for writing them. Or you can submit content to other blogs and forums for a set fee.
- Become a resume writer. There are always people out there who need help with their writing. Help with editing copy will always be needed, but a growing trend in the business world are people who can help write, edit and design resumes. Especially now in today’s job market, resumes need to be perfect and eye-grabbing in order to give job hunters a shot at an interview. People are willing to pay others to help them with this.
- Start a blog. Do you have a specialized skill or knowledge that you’d like to share with others? Do you have a passionate interest in a subject that others like to read and talk about? You can create your own blog site and draw readers in with your interesting and thought provoking articles and posts. You can host advertising on your site and the more readers you collect and who click on those advertisements, the more you get paid.
- Write an e-book. After you set yourself up with a blog, the next step is to write an e-book that others will pay to read. By establishing yourself as someone who knows what you’re talking about, you have created what the internet world calls a platform. This can lead to e-book sales or a creation of an instructional video. You can sell your e-book or video through online vendors, or sell them yourself through your own blog or website.
- Write a money-making website. Creating a website that people enjoy going to for information or to find products and services will earn you money through advertising and affiliate marketing.
You can also write web content for other people’s websites for a fee. People who want to sell products online need to draw visitors to that website. They do this by providing content pages with information that people want to read. By generating search engine traffic with keyword rich content, they are more likely to find buyers for their products.
With time and practice, it is possible to set yourself up with a business as a freelance writer. You can be your own boss and work from home, supporting yourself with your writing skills.